Friday, June 27, 2008

Surviving the Heat!

It seems like everytime I get a chance to write on the blog I look at the date of the last time I wrote anything and it has been at least a month. I can't believe how fast time flies. I am already half way through the summer and I am still alive although there were a few days out working that I didn't know If I was going to make it. For 12 days straight it was over 110 degrees with the hottest day topping out at 118 degrees which was obviously a saturday when I am out selling from 10 in the morning until 9 at night. Every day we would watch the news and there would be extreme heat warnings and they would tell us to stay inside, but me being the smart person was outside knocking doors all day long. I would ask for a drink of water almost every other door and I made it through it. The selling is going a lot better now and I am consistently selling at least one a day. Heidi is still enjoying her job as the office manager and isn't as busy as she thought she would be because we only have about 15 sales reps left in the office. Bridger is doing great and growing fast. He is finally starting to play with toys and absolutely loves attention from anyone at anytime. We are having a hard time getting him on a sleeping schedule but hopefully that will get better. Sorry this is short but Heidi is kicking me off so she can get her job done.

5 comments:

Jessi said...

Yeah! I was glad to see that you posted. I'm happy to hear you are hanging in there Eric. I will try to complain less about the heat here in Logan knowing you are in 118 degree weather all day long. Only 15 reps left, eh? What did you start at again? 40 something? That is a huge contrast from last summer, isnt' it. Well, we miss you guys as always. Keep the posts coming...and if/when you get time I'd love to see some photos of Bridger. O' and I realized the other day that we didn't even get a group picture when we were in Zion together! Stinky huh? The six of us aren't likely to be together again until we all kick the bucket...and I don't think we'll have access to cameras at that point. Sad day.

Danielle said...

Kick the Bucket?! Jessie! We will just have to plan another get together in Zions. That is the zions in Utah, not heaven! But I wish we had taken a group picture on our past trip too.
Sorry it's so hot Eric! That sucks, at least there's not humidity along with it. (sorry, I'm trying to be 'glass half full'). Amazing job on all the sales! That's awesome!

Kristin said...

Glad to finally read an update. Glad the selling is going well. I can't wait to see little Bridger in August!

Heidi said...

You're alive! I'm glad to hear things are going well, I don't know how you do it in that kind of heat. We also want to see pictures of Bridger. Good luck with everything!

Katie said...

Sounds like you're making enough money to come and visit us in New York! If you hurry you can partake in our 90 degree weather plus 95% humidity! Where's the pictures?