Sunday, February 3, 2008

what do you think of this name?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions on a name for our boy even though some of them were very interesting! We heard one the other day that we kind of liked and I just wanted to see if anyone else liked it. What do you think about Brecken? We still haven't decided for sure but we both actually kind of liked it which is a great thing because we haven't really agreed on to many other names we have heard. It's been kind of a rough week for both of us because we have been sick. The cold and flu bug has been going crazy up here in logan. Heidi has been miserable because she can't take anything but I am doing ok because I have the wonderful Nyquil. We are getting over it though and are excited to start another week.

9 comments:

Ryan said...

Dang, hopefully you guys get better. We've all been sick here too, did you give us something?

As for the name, I've never heard it. I do have a cousin named Bracken, who was named after my great grandpa. I like it, although I definitely like you middle name better Eric...

Ryan said...

Hi, I like the blog. Congrats on your little one that is coming!

I have a friend whose son is named Breck (they are from CO & love to ski - so I think they just shortened Breckenridge).

Erika said...

Oops, I was logged in as my hubby on that last post.

Kristin said...

I really love the name a lot! I have heard it used as a girls name though, but these days I think girls are taking over all the names!

Carlee Hoopes said...

I had never heard this name until about 6 months ago. My cousin named her baby girl Breckyn. I guess it's one of those universal names that can be used for a boy or a girl. I really like the name though!

Kristin said...

Hey I just remembered another really cute name (had one in my class last year) Britton or Brittan. I was also at the children's museum today and heard a little boy named Sawyer and one named Branson, thought those was cute and different.

millerco2 said...

I love the name Brecken

Katie said...

I think it's really cute, and it must be a sign if you both are liking it.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

I got a horrible cold when I was pregnant and I was miserable. So I feel for Heidi. I think if you both like the name that is a good sign. Ben and I didn't decide on a name till after he was born. We almost named Logan Andrew so I would have to vote for that.